Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break Adventures

Spring break was pretty exciting.  I wish I could have come back with a tan, but the Florida weather wasn't in the mood to cooperate.  I had a wonderful visit with Ryan and Bailey.  I loved seeing how they have settled in as newlyweds and being able to explore the Clearwater area. 

The sun greeted me the day I arrived, so we took advantage of the day and layed by the pool for a bit, then headed down to John's Pass to walk around and grab a bite to eat.  John's Pass is a cozy little walk with fun colored buildings and every kind of tourist shop you could imagine.  Only in Florida could you paint building like this and get away with it.
John's Pass



Out on the board walk headed to dinner.  I always feel so short around my extremely tall brother! :)


Bailey and I.  I couldn't have asked for a better sister-in-law!

The 3 of us.

The restaurant we ate at.  I love the fresh seafood!


Due to the rainy weathe Bailey and I took a day trip down to the Tampa Aquarium, we weren't the only ones who had this idea.  They had some great exhibits and this litte guy was our favorite.



Before heading home I checked out where Ryan works and the plane that he works on.  Oh my gosh, it is one of the biggest things I have ever seen!  His plane is huge.  I am amazed that something this big can actually lift off the ground.



Talk about feeling short!



The seat Ryan sits in during flights.  You should see/hear about some of the other stuff that he has to do....I don't think you could pay me enough to do them.

One of the rescue helicopters.

Don't think they'd actually let me do this.... I probably wouldn't make it out to rescue anyone.

Aren't they cute?


I fell in love with this little guy too!  He was a lot of fun.

In other news, last Sunday Stinson and I brought home Mia.  She has been such a wonderful addition to our family.  We both love her to death, and Maggie is adjusting well to having another dog around.  Stinson took her to Dallas with him to visit Sara and Kennedy, and she and Elvis became best friends.  Maggie has definitely missed her.  She brings me her toy that they like to play tug-of-war with her because her new friend isn't here to play with her.  Here are a few pictures of our new little pup.

Mia in her little red dress!

Here they are playing their new favorite game. 

I am sorry if I bored you to death with pictures and my not so exciting life, maybe next time I write there will be more exciting things to write I about! 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your life. I think it's very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! And your hair is starting to get long, I bet you can't wait till it's out of the "in-between" stage.
    How do you pronouse Mia's name?
    (Mi-yah or Meeyah?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun with you! Can't wait to have you come visit again!

    ReplyDelete