Monday, March 8, 2010

Finishing Touches

I was hoping to post the pictures of the finishing touches of the house decorating sooner, but I never brought myself to sit down and just write or post pictures. My last post I left you hanging.  I know you have been losinng sleep over the reveal of my snow day project #2.  Without further ado here it is!

Snow Day Project #2

Don't you just love it?!  I sure do.  I have envisioned this in my head, and as I was slaving away over it I was praying it would turn out as awesome as I had dreamed.  The whole project cost less than $25.  Here is what I did:
1. Went to Goodwill and purchased thses 8 frames for a grand total of $11.
2. Went and purchased 3 different spools of ribbon and 3 cans of spray pait (with gloss finish) for $12.
3. I arranged the frames on the floor how I thought I wanted to hang them. I took out the glass in each frame and wiped them off with a damp cloth.  Then I decided witch color each one would be.
4. I coated each frame with several layers of spray paint, then let them dry over night.
5. I cut ribbon, (I just estimated, if you are a perfectionist you could measure) varring witch kind went on the various frames.
6. To attach the ribbons I just used hot glue, it may be more secure to use a staple gun, but I don't own one and the hot glue has worked perfectly.
7.  I used pin head nails to hang them on the wall.  I love how it turned out and it really adds some fun and color to the empty space on the wall.

Last week one of the teachers on my team helped me sew drapes for the kitchen window and valences for the laundry room.  Both rooms feel finished and look exactly how I imagined them. 

Kitchen Window


Kitchen Wall


Laundry Room Valences






In other news, it is spring break.  It could not have come at a more perfect time.  I think I was in desperate need of some time away from the classroom.  With our state test coming closer each day, the pressure of things to get in and review continues to build.  For those of you who are teachers, you know what I am talking about and all of the pressure that comes with state tests.  I am doing my best to not let it get the best of me, but I so desperately want to push my studnets thinking and ensure that I am preparing them for not only the test, but for the challenges that will come throughout the rest of their academic careers. 

In order to fully enjoy my week off I am going to be heading to Florida on Wednesday to visit my brother Ryan and his wife Bailey.  I am so excited not only to go to warm place, but also to see them. I have not seen them since July when they passed through on their way to Florida.  Ryan is planning things for us to.  Hopefully the weather will change its mind a bit and the sun will shine so I can get just a little bit of color to my pale skin! :)

Stinson and I will be adding to our family this May!  No not a child adding, but adding a puppy!  We will be an loan adoption family for a local miniature dachshund breeder.  The litter of puppies was born on Sunday.  We will picking out our puppy very soon.  Our puppy will be breed by the breeder 2-3 times, and then it will be forever ours.  It is a really neat program and her dogs are wonderful!  Here is a link to the litter if you are interested in checking them out.  I will be sure to keep you updated about which one we pick, names, etc. 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog and posting comments! It makes my day. I love love love your crafty projects lady and totally sympathize with your need for a break. Have a wonderful time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I know which puppy is my favorite!! I'm so excited for you guys and it was good finally getting to catch up!

    ReplyDelete