Monday, November 16, 2009

In this crazy life

Some of you may recognize this post title because they are some lyrics from a Michael Buble song (one of my favorite artists!), but they fit my life so perfectly right now. Life has been crazy buying a house, making decisions about remodel stuff for the house, and teaching on top of it all.  In the midst of life's rushing around, I managed to celebrate my birthday.  I am one year older, maybe wiser, and slightly more insane!!  

I am one of the lucky people who every few years celebrates a birthday on Friday the 13th! ( I turned 13 on Friday the 13th.  That is about as freaky as you can get!)    Unfortunately, nothing too freaky happened.  I don't know why, but I have always loved my birhtday.   Okay, that is a lie, I know why I love it.  I adore my birthday because it is all about me!!!!  I love being appreciated and knowing that I am thought of, so my birthday is a day that I feel those things ten-fold.  Yes I know you may be thinking that this is very self-centered and childish, but I don't care because it is simply true!

I could not have asked for a better birthday.  My day began with a message left at school for me by my husband wishing me a happy birthday.  He knew that I would appreciate a memo from him wishing me a happy day!  Then my students showered me in their love and a few presents.  I can't believe how thoughtful their gifts and notes were, each one made me feel like I am making a positive impact in their lives.  The teachers on my team treated me to a fabulous birthday lunch, complete with a table decorated in pink.  I was reminded of how lucky I am to be a part of their team.

Upon arriving home we signed the closing papers on the house!  (I don't think I could have asked for a better present!)   As soon as the papers were signed Stinson presented me with a adorable pink, black and grey coat, complete with a fur hood!!  I love that he has such a great sense of style.  After doning my new coat it was off to dinner at a secret location.  We pulled up to a quaint little Italian restaurant.  The first thing that came into view as we approached our table were these flowers!!!  Seriously,  my husband is awesome!  He sure does know me.  To top off the evening we enjoyed a Christmas Carol in IMAX 3-D, which was an experience in and of itself. 
My Beautiful Birthday flowers!


Me and my flowers



Whew..... what a birthday!  I feel so lucky to have been showered in so much love.  The house stuff will begin soon.  I know you are looking forward to the before pictures that will hopefully be posted by the end of the week!

Sweet 3-D Glasses (check out my new coat too!)



My Hunky Hubby



I don't know what to say about this one!


One more of the pretty flowers


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. pretty flowers!!!!

    I love Michael Buble he is sooo cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I LOVE the jacket! Tell stinson good job for me.
    2. You are too cute and I miss you.
    3. Once our lives have settled down from buyiing our houses (I love that we're doing it together) we have a BIG catch up fest coming up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jacket also! Glad you had a great b-day. Tell Stinson to call Kennedy next year for my bday and give him some ideas!

    ReplyDelete