Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here now that it finally snowed!  I cannot believe how quickly the Christmas season has come.  For some reason this year it hasn't felt as much like Christmas this year like it has in years past!  I think due to busyness with the house the usual holiday things have gotten lost in the mix.  We are busy packing instead of decorating, and that could be part of it too.


I have like a million pictures to put up.  I am just going to put them up and share a few thoughts that go along with each.  Hope you enjoy this long post!

I almost forgot to tell you something amazing!  My sister-in-law Sara designed this new layout for me!  Isn't it adorable?!  I love it and just have to brag about her a little bit. She is becoming quite the web-page designing queen!!!

House Update
Here are just a few pictures of what has gone on in the house lately.  A little more tearing out, new windows, and new dry wall!



Wall in the "Master" Bedroom with the new window and fresh dry wall




The Laundry with no more wood paneling!


The Kitchen wall with its new face lift!


My husband and his beard, which I don't think is going anywhere anytime soon!  I think he is the best part of the new house!  He has been quite the bargain shopper for the things we need for the house!


Our first piece of art!  This will hang somewhere in the living room once the house is finished.  I love this picture and it reminds me of one of my favorite places, and all of the wonderful memories I have of Seattle and my family!  The colors are a lot brighter, but I had to turn my flash off to get a good picture, so you can't get the full affect of it.



Thanksgiving Pictures--Finally!
 The yummy apple pie we made!  It was finger-lickin' good!


The Thanksgiving table, silverware and napkin styling inspired by a picture I found in a Pottery Barn book.




We had a fun afternoon in downtown Seattle.  Each time I am down there I remember just how much I love it!  We took a tour of the Smith Tower.  This is one of the views from the observation deck.



Here is the view with the Spaceneedle in it!


My adorable parents!!!!


The four of us, just missing Ryan and our significant others.  We love each other and have so much fun together.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving and supportive family!  I treasure each of the memories we have and I cannot wait for the memories to come!



I am convinced that one of God's greatest gifts to us are sisters!  I love that as we grow older my sister and I seem to become better and better friends!  If only we lived closer so that we could spend more time together!  Here we are helping this nutcracker out!



We are happy to be spending time together!



The crazy things that happen in fourth grade!
We got a little carried away this year in fourth grade.  We love our master piece!  The students love it and it has brought home the holidays to our 4th grade hallway!





The sign hanging above the fireplace 


The crowning center piece that will hang, framed, above the fireplace.  You would not believe how much fun we had taking this photo.  Let me tell you, we had a very difficult time NOT laughing!  I think the children have turned us a little crazy!




As the holiday season comes into full swing I am reminded of the gift that truly matters the most, the birth of my savior!   He was born to bring me salvation.  He was born a tiny, vulnerable babe, just like me, and through Him God brought hope, love, peace, and grace.   This season I am going to do my best to keep my eyes fixed on Him, and the splendor that He brings to the season.

I have been blessed beyond measure with friends, family, and opportunities.  I hope that this season I can be a blessing to those around me in the small ways!  Until next time, stay warm, and I pray God finds a way to bring many blessings to you this holiday season!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That Apple Pie looks so good! love the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures Steph. John has high hopes of growing a beard this season as well. I'm trying to talk him out of it. :) Seattle looks like fun and it's awesome to see the house continue to progress. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and updates! It was SO WONDERFUL to see you...next time you're in town it'd be great to catch up again!

    And I LOVE the artwork you got at Pike's Place! Can't wait to see what it looks like hanging up in your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete