This past month has been filled with lots of Audrey snuggles, giggles, and smiles because it is summer vacation! I feel so blessed to be in a field of work that enables me to be home during the summers. As usual, Audrey is changing and growing so fast.
Here are some of the highlights from this last month:
- You talk all the time these days. You have discovered that you can be loud, and you love to test your loud voice out in your car seat. Whenever we get into the car you tell us stories the whole time we're going. Sometimes you'll sleep, but only when you're really tired.
- We went to the zoo with Aunt Jenna. You weren't really into looking at the animals, but you did love the sky safari and looking around while we traveled above all the animals.
- You visited two new states: Wisconsin for a girls weekend, and Iowa for Kyle and Jodi's wedding.
- At the wedding you and Jaxon became fast friends. You two liked talking to each other and snacking on each other's toes. You were so social and let everyone who wanted to hold you.
- You love to smile and will smile at anyone who talks to you.
- Toes have become one of your favorite things. You love to get them into your mouth or just play with them in your crib before naps.
- In your exersaucer you like to talk to your monkey and you love to play with all of the toys on there. It is fun to watch you get that thing rocking!
- Whenever dad walks in the room you want to know what he is doing and you have a hard time focusing on anything else when he is talking to you.
- You are getting really good at sitting up. Toward the end of the month you really started to get good at balancing yourself.
- Jake and Mia love you, and you love them too! You like to reach out and pet Mia. She is really patient with you when you grab her ears or lip. I think you two are going to be best buddies.
- Speaking of buddies, you LOVE little buddy. You enjoy talking to her and snuggling her when you go to bed. My favorite is when you fall asleep with her tucked under your arm.
- Tags are another obsession of yours. You love to chew on them, and they are your favorite part of every toy.
- We celebrated Dad's first father's day this month
- You are chewing on everything. Lots of people say you are teething, which is probably true, but the Dr. said it could be a while before your teeth actually pop up.
- Your hair continues to grow and grow. It's getting a little shaggy, but I think I'm going to hold off on getting it cut still. People love ooohhhhing and aaaaahhhhing over your hair. You like it too. You enjoy rubbing your hands in it while you nurse, and you like holding on to it while you play or fall asleep.
That is all I can think of for now. You continue to be the light in my life and I am soaking up every minute with you. Being your mom is the best job. Thanks for all the snuggles when I need them and for a smile that melts my heart every time!